The successful candidate will:
- Be seeking a role in which they can take ownership of the programme both technically and operationally, deploy their technical and engineering leadership skills to rapidly deliver new iconic aircraft without the burden of big-company bureaucracy and complex supply chains.
- Be seeking a long term, life-chaining role in which outstanding performance is rewarded with outstanding renumeration, professional recognition and benefits.
- Have a world class knowledge of aircraft systems, composite structures, materials, design, development, analysis and production techniques.
- Be capable of planning and executing the development of new aircraft end-to-end, quickly and autonomously.
- Have the confidence, competence, strength, integrity, and interpersonal skills to take full ownership of the HX50 aircraft programme and drive the wider team to a successful outcome.
- Provide engineering design leadership at architecture, system, and component level.
- Provide detailed analysis, optimisation, and verification leadership.
- Provide leadership on verification, validation and certification of all areas of the aircraft.
- Lead, grow and manage the multi-disciplinary team of specialists to deliver HX50 aircraft to
specification and on budget.
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels and be an inclusive and supportive leader.
- Support the develop & execution the testing, validation, and certification plan.
- Manage, drive and deliver the day-to-day operations of the programme ensuring a properly
co-ordinated and speedy development.
- Work hand-in-hand with Chief Propulsion & Chief Avionics Engineers for prototype and series production.
- Report directly to the Group CEO.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record for technical leadership in the delivery of complex engineered composite vehicles, in aircraft or related industries, ideally in light aircraft, pleasure craft or motorsport. The role will require the candidate to directly lead and supervise all areas of aircraft development within the Hill Group including structural design, analysis & optimisation, system design and integration, testing, validation and certification, along with the development of cost-effective prototype and production processes, quality controls and cost control.
The Hill Group is a privately owned engineering organisation developing and manufacturing both the HX50 Light Helicopter and the GT50 Gas Turbine Engine. We are a pioneering aerospace manufacturer disrupting the market with our ground-breaking new aircraft and modern vertically integrated approach to development & manufacturing. Every element of the HX50 and GT50 are designed and manufactured by us, in-house, at our production facility in Rugeley, Staffordshire, UK.
We employ a fantastically talented, motivated and driven team of professionals. Working as a close- knit flat management structure, we share a common vision for the future of general aviation and a passion to deliver HX50 to our hundreds of global customers.
Hill is currently offering appropriately qualified and suitable individuals the opportunity to become a crucial part of our team developing, industrialising and supporting HX50 & GT50. Few, if any, organisations can provide the levels of professional fulfilment offered by such an exciting, fast-paced and game-changing aircraft development programme and our refreshing new approach to manufacturing. Furthermore, with such a fast-growing organisation, the only limit to your professional development and growth within our company is your own drive and ambition.
We are looking for the people with whom to build our future and we’re ready to invest in you.
General Aviation is the sector of the aerospace industry that produces and operates light aircraft. Since the early 1980’s investment in new product development across the sector has been poor and today the market lacks products that truly meet the expectations of modern owner-operators. Hill is revolutionising the General Aviation market with our new HX50 Helicopter, which combines ‘supercar’ appearance, with unparalleled levels of performance and cost-effectiveness.
Board-Level Salary + Extensive Benefits