We are seeking a resourceful and experienced Lead Embedded Software Engineer to provide the skills necessary to develop, test and certify all software aspects of internally developed systems.
The successful candidates will have a demonstrable track record and robust competency in independently owning and delivering embedded software development solutions from concept through to delivery in complex aircraft or vehicle applications. The role involves working closely within our fast-paced, highly skilled and motivated multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver viable and code-compliant solutions.
The advertised role requires a motivated, confident, self-sufficient and fastidious engineer who is comfortable taking responsibility for delivery of complete concept-to-delivery design solutions for major systems within the aircraft, while working effectively as part of our multi-disciplinary team. This role is available for an immediate start.
- Academic background in Engineering or similar (Software, Electronics, Mechanical, Physics, Mathematics)
- At least 10 years of experience in software development
- Full-lifecycle software development experience, from initial requirements elicitation to design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation, integration and training
- Knowledge of system development using model-based development techniques and tools (for example MATLAB / SIMULINK)
- Experience in OS / RTOS, low level driver software and target hardware integration.
- Practical knowledge of RTCA DO-178C process and procedure implementation for high DAL software.
- Passionate and ambitious who loves to work as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Leading the software elements of all embedded systems at Hill Helicopters.
- Undertaking software development for embedded systems
- Performing verification & validation testing of embedded systems
- Creative in developing new concepts
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Good communication skills
- A resourceful problem solver
- A flexible approach, willing to learn new skills and techniques
- Able to organise and plan team priorities
- A positive approach looking for solutions
- Able to work independently and make decisions
Be part of the team shaping the future
of general aviation